- 25 Members in attendance.- Meeting opened by President Cecil Kane.
- Minutes from our last meeting ( Feb.05/12) were tabled by Rhoda and approved.
- Financial Report given by Cindy, our account balance is $
Cindy reported that the committee for updating our by-laws have not met as yet.- Cecil reported that the Lions Hall has been booked for Dec. 01, 2012.
Our Christmas Dinner & Dance. Cecil will talk with Dave Guptill on music. The status on the quilt for this year, still unknown.
- Rhoda will be sending a sympathy card to Ann Brown and Marg Rafuse.
- The A & W is now our new meeting place for Cruise Nights. Merton will be returning our car pictures that used to hang in the Burger King.
- Cruise Nights volunteers, June is Tim Kane & Richard Ward. July is Eugene Schofield & Justin Balsor. August is Merton Rafuse & Brian Titus.
- The Final year end cruise was set for Sunday, Sept. 23.
- Our annual auction is set for Wednesday, Aug. 15.
- Cecil called for a volunteer for our annual Car Show, as Chairperson, no volunteers. Will try at the next meeting.
- Cecil called for volunteers for the Social Comm. Rose Kane & Sarah Bigelow volunteered.
- Cecil called for extra volunteers on the Phone Comm. Marg Melanson volunteered to help Rose & Marj. Kane.
- A vote took place to see if Conrad LeLievre would become a member, voted in.
- Harold Powers introduced himself and looking for membership in the club.
- Correspondence :
1. Cindy received the last two thank you cards from local schools for the breakfast programs.
2. Cindy read an update letter from Conrad LeLievre on revisions to the Motor Vehicle Act. Negotiations and meeting still ongoing.
3. Cindy received at letter from Ann Brown asking if we could put on a car display at the Shannex in Greewich. Further details to follow.
4. Rosamond Smeltzer not well, Rhoda will send gift basket and card.
- New Business :
George Windsor addressed the club with the idea of a Apple Blossom Cruise for the New Minas 50 Plus Seniors Club in memory of Joan Chase, Deb Ambermans mom, on Wed. May 30. Looking for 15 cars if possible with a lunch to follow. Please contact George if you can participate on that day.
- Brian Titus addressed the club to give a report on the number of car clubs listed in the Old Autos publication. 910 clubs across Canada, 35 clubs in Atlantic Canada, 16 in N. S., 7 in N. B., 7 in PEI & 5 in NFL.
- Merton Rafuse suggested that the club give a thank you card to the Burger King Restaurant for the years it had hosted our club. Also, Merton suggested that Cecil notify the owners of the Burger King that we will not need their parking area anymore.
- With no further new business, Cecil closed the meeting.
- 50/50 draw was $25.00, won by Harold Powers.
- Next meeting is April 01, 2012 at 7 pm.
There are still some outstanding dues, you know who you are.
FOR SALE ITEMS
1961 Chev step side pick-up truck with a 350 V8, 5 spd. Transmission, asking $11,000.00. Call Norm at 698-1098.
1982 Chrysler LeBaron convertible, 4 cyl., auto., c/w new brakes, exhaust and convertible top, asking $4,000.00 or best offer. Call Gary at 834-2523, cell 247-0864.