- 33 Members in attendance. “ that’s better “
- Meeting opened by President Cecil Kane.
- Minutes from our last meeting ( Apr.01/12) were tabled by Rhoda and approved.
- Cecil reported that the changes to our clubs by-laws are gone to the Registry of Joint Stock Companies for approval.
- Cecil informed us that there will be no quilt available to sell tickets on, so we will use the newly acquired pedal car from A & W to raise funds this year.
- Dave Guptill has been confirmed for our Christmas Dinner & Dance.
- Cecil asked for feedback on the A & W location after being there for our meet and greet. Merton Rafuse asked to speak on this, Merton said that we will have to make this work as the A & W is investing a lot of time and money into making us feel at home, supporting us and helping out with give aways.
Richard Ward asked if the A& W in the mall was able to accommodate us, due to the parking issues. The mall will not do this due to liability issues.
- Conrad LeLievre addressed the meeting on the Reg. of Motor Vehicles, Inspection Branch. No solid news as yet, but, did inform us that he will be replacing Hub Baxter on the N.A.A.C.C. board.
- Cecil asked Wilbert Kane to chair the show & shine committee, but declined. Conrad volunteered to do this as long as he had lots of help. I am sure that volunteers will jump at the chance to help. You can park cars, help set up the venue, man the gate, etc.
- Don`t forget to bring you car to display at the Greewich Shannex on Saturday, June 16 from 2 to 4 pm. Refeshments will be supplied. We will meet at and leave from Tim Hortons around 1:30 pm. The Shannex is a retirement and nursing home.
- Cecil found a number of Car Quest gift certificates in the fun run bin, that is why hardly any came back to Car Quest for use.
- We received a thank you card from Rosamond Smeltzer, she is doing better and wishes that she can join us soon. Rosamond and Ervin are being missed by the club also.
- George Windsor informed the club that the Kentville Police has won a second place award for best dressed police car in all of Canada ! It was moved that the Kentville Police be invited to show their car at our show this summer, motion carried.
- George Windsor is still looking for a few more cars to carry out an Apple Blossom Cruise for the New Minas 50 Plus Seniors Club in memory of Joan Chase, Deb Ambermans mom, on Wed. May 30. Looking for 15 cars if possible with a lunch to follow. Please contact George if you can participate on that day.
- Cecil informed us that Ted VanTrigt will not be joining the club this year.
- 50/50 draw was $28.00, won by Linda Hiltz.
- Next meeting is June 03, 2012 at 7 pm.
1961 Chev step side pick-up truck with a 350 V8, 5 spd. Transmission, asking $11,000.00. Call Norm at 698-1098.
1982 Chrysler LeBaron convertible, 4 cyl., auto., c/w new brakes, exhaust and convertible top, asking $4,000.00 or best offer. Call Gary at 834-2523, cell 247-0864.