Down East Classic Car Club News Letter Feb. 05, 2012- 23 Members in attendance.
- Meeting opened by President Cecil Kane.
- Minutes from our last meeting ( Nov. 06 /11 ) were tabled by Rhoda, and approved.
- Financial report given by Cindy, our account has a balance of $ xxxx. Also, attached is a Financial Comparison Report for 2010-2011.
- Cindy asked if anyone was interested in being on the board of directors, and that if anyone wanted off the board, that now is the time to say so.
Currently the board is made up of Cecil Kane, Harold Amberman, Rhoda Bennett, Cindy Benedict, Wilfred Baxter, Brian Titus, David Brown, Lauri Brown & Wendell Bennett.
- Cindy also suggested that now is the time to make any changes to our clubs By-Laws. No one had any suggestions, so it will be left to the clubs officers to come up with any updates and repot back to the club for approval.
- Also, club membership dues need to be in this March.
- Christmas Social :
Cecil asked Marge Kane to look after the booking of the Coldbrook & District
Lions Club again this year and also move the date to Dec. 01 for a change.
Cecil also said that Dave Guptill was willing to play again this year. Also, that Dave was willing to play for us sometime through the year at any function during the summer for free.
- 2012 Show & Shine –
Our clubs show and shine will be held on Sunday, Aug. 12 this year.
- 2012 Fun Runs –
Meet and greet will be on Wednesday, May 02.
First fun run on May 09
Volunteers are needed for the months of June, July and Aug.
- Burger King –
Cecil advised members that the Burger King is not putting our clubs car pictures up on their walls again, no free burger coupons or list of fun runs for the summer. Cecil informed everyone that the A&W were chasing him for the club to meet at their location and that they would prepare a parking area in back for our needs.
- Harold moved that we take the offer from A&W, it was agreed upon and Cecil will talk with A&W about the benefits of moving to their location.
- Cindy read a letter from Arthur and Ruby
- A letter from Hub and Liz that they would not be joining the club this year due to being away most of the year. Cecil suggested that they be made honorary members as Hub was one of the founding members of our club. It was agreed upon and passed.
- Cindy received 5 letters from the 7 schools we donated money to for the breakfast programs.
- Other Business –
- Rose Kane asked what the age limit was for helping sick kids. The club believes that 19 would be the cut off age. ( Legal age ).
She asked because she suggested helping a family whose 16 year old boy was attacked by 2 other boys and all his medical bills will not be covered by MSI. It was agreed upon, that we will donate $ 300.00 to Charmaine Benjamin.
- We had a visitor drop in to request membership to our club, he is Conrad LeLievre. We will vote at the next meeting.
- Rose Kane took the floor to explain the workings of a new ( Blog ) site on the internet that is ours ! Ken and Sarah Bigelow took the time to set up and launch the site that will not cost the club anything. You can find the web site at www.downeastclassiccarclub.blogspot.com. If you have anything you want to add to the blog, email it to email@example.com . The blog is ours to add photos of our cars, fun runs, shows, picnics, etc.
- Cindy asked about this years auction, but not enough people were present to assist in making the date and location final. Will discuss at next meeting.
-The meeting was adjourned by Cecil.
-50/50 draw – $ 20.00 was won by Brian Titus
Next meeting is scheduled for March 04/12 at 7:00 pm.
NOTE : Club Dues need to be in by March.
FOR1961 Chev step side pick-up with a 350 V8, 5 speed transmission, asking $ 11,000.00 O.B.O. Call Norm at 698-1098
1982 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible 4 cyl. Auto. c/w new brakes, exhaust, and convertible top, asking $ 4,000 or best offer, contact Gary Trask at 834-2523, cell, 247-0864.